MICCO DISTRIBUTIONS  

FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

How does a solvent recovery system work?
A solvent recovery system purifies liquid solvents using the distillation process. This is done by heating a vessel to distill the liquid into vapor form in order to separate it from its solid contaminants. The solvent recovery system transforms the chemical back to its original form to be reused.

What type of solvents can be recycled?
Any kind of solvent can be recycled. They include acetone, alcohol, amyl acetate, butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, ethylene glycol ethyl ether, ethylene glycol ethyl ether, isobutyl acetate, lacquer diluents, methyl alcohol, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, methylene chloride, mineral spirits, toluene, toluol, turpentine gum, xylene and many more. High boiling points require vacuum distillation. Contact us for a full list of solvents that can be recycled.

How long does it take to process the solvents?
It depends on many different factors, such as the type of solvent being distilled, if they are blended with other solvents, the amount of contaminant in the solvent and heat source.

How good is the recycled solvent?
Our units typically will recover up to 98% of the available solvent. This is dependent on the make-up of the contaminated solvent, nature of contamination and the type of solvent recovery system being used. The typical application will recover 90% of the solvent, leaving about 10% in the sludge. The solvent in the sludge will help keep the sludge liquid, which will reduce the disposal costs.

How do I know which solvent recovery system I need?
Which type of machine needed depends on a variety of factors including, daily and monthly volume of solvents used, type of solvents to be recycled, space constraints and product contamination. Systems are available which handle anywhere from 2 up to 200 gallons per hour. Disti Kleen offers a large number of products for every customer's needs. Contact us to help you determine which unit is right for you.

How much labor do I need to allocate to run a solvent recovery system?
It can be a manual or fully automated operation. A small system can be timer controlled and may require about a half hour per day of labor. A larger system can be fully automated and not require any labor to run on 24/7 basis.